Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day with Kaylie in DC, our nursery....

The Friday before school started again, Judie didn't want Kaylie to spend the entire day inside in front of the TV. When Kaylie was already in bed, we decided that Kaylie and I will spend the day in DC.
Next morning, Kaylie was not excited at all! She wanted to spend the entire day in front of the TV... but.. we kind of forced her to go with us... and so she did.

I was afraid that she would complain the entire day and be in a bad mood.
But as soon as we went to a 3-D-show in the Air and Space Museum, she got excited..which I was really happy about!



After that, we went to the Hirshhorn Museum- a really weird art museum... Because of its round shape, Kaylie always calls it the "Doughnut Museum".
After looking at the weird art and trying to understand it, we went to National History Museum.

On the way there, we took some random pictures..



Kaylie loves taking pictures!



The Sculpture Garden







They had a nice exhibit for kids at the National History Museum, where kids could try some things out, build something and so on...

Kaylie loved it! More than anything else in the museum.









Not being used walking that much, Kaylie just wanted to relax in the Sculpture Garden...




Back in Judie's office, she took many random pictures...




Silly girl!


I'm happy that Kaylie and I get along with each other very well.
Several of her friends have nannies, so she told me one day: "Normally, no kid likes her nanny....but I really like you!"

She often wants me to watch TV with her.. and then she cuddles with me and tries to use me as a pillow.

The other day, when Anthon and I came back from our 3-day-weekend trip to Palmyra, she ran from her couch to me and gave me the biggest hug and said: "I missed you!"

That was really cute!

It really feels good to know that she likes me...



Anyway....

On our 2nd Sunday at church, we were called to be nursery workers! I guess, they neeeded someone really badly ;-)











Anthon and I enjoy our calling- we really have a cute bunch!

Our calling and living with Judie and Kaylie gives us many opportunities to talk about raising kids and what we wanna do and how...
We talk about how we were raised and that is very interesting.

Since we both had great parents and learned so much from them, our kids will be perfect, of course...hahaha!
At least that's what we are convinced of... :-D



Anthon and I went to a classical concert at the John F. Kennedy Center in DC.
But Anthon forbid posting pictures with him on this blog...he thinks he looks too chubby in the pictures...



We had the opportunity to listen to a kind of interesting German piece "Herodiade" (not to mix up with Jules Massenets Herodiade).
The purpose of this piece was not to sound beautiful and to have a nice melody... it was more a piece to disvocer different sound effects with different instruments... it was very dramatic...

But after that, they playes Beethoven's 9th Symphony- the reason why we came.
It was great! Especially the big choir at the end singing the "Ode to Joy".

I love going to classical concerts! I've played the violin for several years, so I love watching the strings and thinking back of my violin lessons... I miss playing the violin... it's way harder to play than the piano.. but I loved playing in different orchestras.

No comments:

Post a Comment