Monday, November 1, 2010

My 1st real Halloween

This weekend we had beautiful weather and since I love taking pictures and the trees look perfect right now, I had to take some fall pictures.








After that, I convinced Anthon to go to one of our favorite places- the Hidden Pond.
It's only about 5 minutes away and we look going for a walk there. It's beautiful and there are not many people.



I wanted to take a better picture with better lightening, but my photo model was too impatient... next time..



This is Hidden Pond- isn't it beautiful?!?






The colors were so vibrant that I didn't have to photoshop the pictures very much...







When we came home, we carved pumpkins- it was my first time and it was so much fun that I hope that we will do this every year!
I love arts stuff...





In the morning, we had watched the Halloween movie "A night before Christmas". So I decided to carve Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town.
Anthon carved the Oogie Boogie Monster.











Judie carved Kaylie's Middle School initials.





Our master pieces:











While we were waiting for the kids to come, we watched "The Night before Christmas" (again) together with Judie.



I didn't have a Halloween costume... I was just... a pumpkin... or so..



It really was a fun experience. It was cute to see all these kids in their costumes. Yesterday, I wished I could be a child again... I never got to do that, since we don't really celebrate Halloween in Germany...

But I'm excited to celebrate Halloween at our place next year!

5 comments:

  1. We had one set of German trick-or-treaters come by last night. I wonder if they know where all the Americans live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....ja und deswegen haben wir (unsere Kinder) etwas Aufklärungsarbeit geleistet und sind als Piraten losgezogen. Und haben auch "Trick or Treat" gerufen und nicht "Süßes sonst gibt´s Saures"...:-)

    Kathrin Golczyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures....Fall is a wonderful time of year. Pleased you find Halloween fun. My favorite adult Halloween memory was putting Anthon on the porch and having him make balloon animals/figures for the kids. The kids didn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you too love to frolic in the leaves! One of my fond Halloween memories is from our time in Germany when Dad dressed up like a nerd - he really pulled it off great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was young, I loved watching Halloween movies. We never celebrated it, but they always showed tons of Halloween shows on TV.
    So I wanted Anthon to hide in the bushes and to grab the older kids' ankles and scare them, and I wanted to turn off the lights and let our figures make scary sounds... but then Anthon said: " I think you have a wrong picture of Halloween!"
    And he turned on all the lights...
    I might have a wrong picture of Halloween, but I still wanna make it more scary next year!...at least for the older kids :-D

    ReplyDelete