Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Brian and Leslie's Open House

2,5 weeks ago, we went up to Cedar City to go to Brian and Leslie Grady's Open House. Because they got married on that Tuesday before and Anthon had to work, we were not able to come to the wedding. So it was nice that we at least got to go to their Open House.


 It was really fun getting to know more family members- especially Anthon's cousins Karen and Leslie. I had never met them before. I love them- it was so much fun getting to know them!

 Aren't they adorable? Lisa and her girl Lydia.

 At the open house, they had a sweet buffet. Anthon and I were glad that we hadn't started our diet yet. :-)

 Dwight was so kind to deliver some fancy candy from his Springdale Candy Company Shop. Yummy!



Busted! Anthon robbing the candy...

 No, Anthon doesn't have a tummy like that..I was just messing around with Photoshop (Anthon was there when I did it).

 Busted, too. Isn't he cute? This is Karen's boy Dylan.

It was impossible to take a picture of the wedding couple. There were constantly coming people that stood in line.

 Leslie and her baby Colin.

 Karen and Dylan.

 It was good to see Larry and his wife Teresa Topham again. They are such a nice and funny couple.

 Pat Magleby and Leslie George.



 I'm glad that Grandma Petty was able to come. I love her, she is always so nice to us. She is like the typical grandma you always wish to have. It was good seeing her again. I think because we have met her several times over the last 1,5 years, I know her better than my own grandmas and grandpas. 

Almost over... Bride Leslie was so excited to get out of her dress..

 It was really nice going to the open house and seeing the newly weds. I think this was the first wedding thing I went to after our own wedding. It is always neat to look back and to think of your own wedding. I'm always so excited when somebody is getting married, because being married is the best thing in the world. I love being a wife and having such a great husband like Anthon. He's really amazing. He is the most caring, loving, understanding and silliest man in the world!

6 comments:

  1. What a great post, Melissa! Don't you just love her bridal bouquet? Glad you love Karen and Leslie so much, because I do too. How could you not like them - they are so fun! That is too funny about Anthon - I like how you say "photoshop" is too blame. . . Just kidding. I am so jealous that you guys got to go - I wish I had been there. By the way, the lady with Aunt Patty is Leslie George I think. Her husband and daughter passed away shortly before the holidays last year - so sad. Leslie went to high school with my dad and married, Gordon George, my Dad's close cousin - she lives in Alpine, Utah and is very close with Artis - I think Artis spoke at Gordon's funeral last year. I love your hair curled like that, Melissa. So beautiful! Oh, I just remember being sad that I wouldn't have an excuse to wear my wedding dress again, but definitely good to get our of after greeting so many people and being on your feet for so many hours. Thanks again for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessi for reminding me of Leslie's name. I met so many people there that it was hard to remember all their names.
    Yes, her bridal bouquet was beautiful and still is- they are actually silk flowers. But really well made silk flowers. They looked so real. They come from Derek's parents' flower shop, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too, Melissa! It was such a treat to get to hang out with you and Anthon...I am just sad that we aren't closer so we could see you more often. Hope your summer is still going well in Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, Melissa! These pictures are darling. We really enjoyed getting to know you better. Hope you and Anthon are having fun in Vegas! We miss it there. Eat some Luv-it frozen custard for me! Oh, and go to Lindo Michocan. It's on Desert Inn and Sandhill (I think). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you posted all those cute pictures. It was so great to see you and Anthon at the open house. Hopefully we'll see more of you this summer :)

    ReplyDelete