Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dwight's "Springdale Candy Company"


You always thought that heaven is far away?!? Growing up, I knew that heaven couldn't be too far away because I found a piece of heaven here and there in our home. In the living room drawers, next to my bed, on grandma's and grandpa's table,....
But... 2,5 weeks ago, I really was in heaven!
At first, I thought I was just dreaming and dreamed that I had a delicious super creamy chocolate praline. 
But wait..I was not dreaming- I was in Dwight's Candy Shop!


 At the feet of Zion's mountains, surrounded by this beautiful nature, stands this "candy temple", as we could call it.

 The nice thing about it is that you immediately enter the celestial kingdom. ;-)

 I told you- it's heaven on earth!

 As soon as you enter the Shop, your nostrils are filled with an amazing chocolate smell. It must be sooo much nicer working there than working at McDonald's in its greasy air as I did.
Everytime customers came into the shop, they took a deep breath and said to each other how good it smells there.
 I don't think I've ever seen so much candy in such a small area.

 I was so excited to see that they had different kinds of licorice. I LOVE European licorice- but I'm not a fan of American licorice that taste like sugar with plastic. It was sooo good to have good licorice again...


 Jelly Belly Beans and different kinds of ice-cream.

Anthon showing off his scooping skills from back in the days when he worked at Baskin Robbins.




 And this is: la crème de la crème!
The chocolate altar!

 The cool thing about it is that many of these pralines are made right behind this counter.
..and you can definitely tell the difference!


 Absolutely mouthwatering!







 Dwight Burch (who is Frank's cousin Cindy's husband), his brother-in-law, Dwight's sister & Anthon.



Dwight was so kind and gave us two bags of brittle- one with peanut and one with pecans. Anthon took the pecan brittle to his work and it was all gone the next day.
I only tried the peanut brittle and it was amazing! Sooo addictive!
At Brian and Leslie's Open House, I also had the thin mints, the candied oranges, pecan turtle...and we've tried some of the chocolate pralines. As most of you know, German (and Swiss) chocolate is really good...but Dwight's chocolate is amazing! Very creamy and flavorful. You just taste the freshness and the good ingredients. In addition, their candy doesn't have all that artifical stuff in them. I also find their prices very reasonable for such quality products.


If you ever plan on going to Zion's National Park, you should definitely stop by the Candy Shop!!! But be aware that you will probably never wanna have Hershey's chocolate ever again after eating this delicious chocolate. ;-)


You can also visit their website and order some candy online: 










2 comments:

  1. Wow Melissa - are you going into the candy business? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to :-D
    But... so far, I only know how to make "Gebrannte Mandeln"..and cookies and that stuff of course...
    Not enough to go into the candy business :-(

    But I think, I would love to be a food tester- specialized in chocolate ;-)

    ReplyDelete